God help thee, poor monkey. - Macbeth

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Quote of the Day

"Do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites representing absolutely nothing." - Man Without a Country by Kurt Vonnegut

My friend Jack loaned me this book to read, and it's hilarious. He also loaned me about 3000 pages worth of French classics. My "homework" is to read "Le Miserables", "The Count of Monte Cristo", and "The Man in the Iron Mask." That's in addition to my REAL homework. Thank you, Jack. I'm glad you're looking out for my intellectual well being. Not. :-P

6 comments:

Suzy said...

You should read more by Vonnegut. Slaughterhouse Five is a great book. I also love The Count of Monte Cristo.

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Vonnegut has much to teach us all.

By the way, I listened to clips from some Gaelic Storm CDs at my local Barnes and Noble and I must say I dug them quite a bit. I'll be buying some later on. Thanks for hipping me to them.

Cinderbelle said...

I'm glad that I am both enriching myself intellectually and spreading the wonderfullness that is Gaelic Storm. :-)

Suzy said...

You could really enrich yourself intellectually if you'd only read Red Sky At Morning. Tee Hee.

Ed said...

I seem to recall reading an interview with Kenneth Branagh where he said Red Sky At Morning was his all-time least-favorite book.

Ed said...

BTW - all your dreams are dead.